17. If you lived in America today, where would you be on the gun issue? Consider the 5th Amendment right to carry arms and discuss why you think there should or should not be restrictions placed on gun ownership in America.
If I were an American citizen, I myself would own a self defense gun. I am not "pro guns", but with all of the devastating events that have taken place in the past year, I feel as if i would need to protect myself. Of course, the right to own arms is clearly states in the 5th Amendment, but I believe that the US government needs to monitor and control the use of arms more carefully. Anyone can buy a gun in the US whether they have a license to carry one or not. There are many black markets where you can purchase arms. This poses a problem. The US government needs to not only monitor those who are purchasing them, but also the stores that are selling them. The reason why I believe there should be restrictions is because without and order, the guns will be misused and many innocent lives will be lost in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment